Friday, July 6, 2018

Soothing Lavender Detox Bath Salts

A jar of bath salts is appreciated by
anyone who enjoys a a relaxing soak in a tub!
Ingredients:
2 cups epsom salts
1 cup baking soda
8 to 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil

Method:
Add all of the ingredients directly to a hot bath and soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
Or, mix in an airtight container or storage bag, to use later or give as a gift.
Makes one portion to create a therapeutic bath.



Benefits:
Relaxes and relieves stress.
Soothes aching muscles.
Reduces edema.
Removes and neutralizes toxins.
Recommended treatment for fibromyalgia pain.
Soaking in a detox bath, after receiving a massage, adds to the benefits of the massage.

Notes:
The epsom salts draw excess water and toxins out of the body. The baking soda neutralizes the toxins and keeps them from re-entering. Lavender has antibiotic properties and aids in relaxation.
Once, when I was suffering from edema, I weighed myself before and after soaking. I weighed 2 pounds less, after my bath!
Whenever I have suffered from a migraine, sinus headache. cold, nausea or flu, a soak in this solution always eased my symptoms and made me feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment