Thursday, February 25, 2016

Brown Sugar Cookie Flavored Coffee

Make this sugar and spice mixture and store in the refrigerator, 
or  give as a gift with the directions attached.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter, softened (or pure coconut oil)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
hot coffee
1 1/2 cups cream, half & half or milk

Method:
Cream butter, sugar and spices to make sugar & spice base. Store in a covered container in refrigerator. In each cup place 2 to 4 teaspoons of sugar & spice base. Add hot coffee and 1 - 2 tablespoons cream. Serve. Makes enough flavoring for 12 - 24 cups of coffee.


Notes:
The first time I made this sugar & spice mixture for coffee was in 1983.
It's name was "Coffee El Greco." When I called my cousin Katy and told her what I made, she thought I said,"Coffee El Breako." When I made this for my husband, Gregory, he said it reminded him of Christmas cookies. I say, "A coffee by any other name would taste as sweet."

No comments:

Post a Comment