Sunday, March 29, 2020

Hand Sanitizer ~ Quick, Easy & Effective

Hand sanitizer can easily &
quickly be made at home!
During a season when I haven't been able to find hand sanitizer at any store, I decided to make my own. Fortunately, I had 1 1/3 cups of Isopropyl alcohol on hand. I keep aloe vera gel, in my refrigerator, in case anyone gets a sunburn and I always have lavender essential oil in my medicine cabinet.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup Isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% or greater
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
1 full dropper lavender essential oil

Method:
Add the ingredients to a two cup measuring cup. Stir well to mix. Use a funnel to divide portions of the mixture to small bottles to keep in your purse, backpack, desk, car & etc. 
Makes 1 cup.

Notes: 
I would recommend plain aloe vera gel. I couldn't find any at the store, so I used the aloe vera gel, with menthol, that I already had. I still added the lavender, because lavender has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities. I also doubled the recipe, so I could give some as gifts.
I prefer lavender essential oil, but you can use whatever essential oil you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment